5 Self-Care Practices for Every Area of Your LifeJun 27, 2022
I know you probably struggle with slipping in self-care practices and not sure why self-care is actually necessary to living a satisfying and productive life
In case you're new to me or are just wondering who the heck I am, let me (re)introduce myself and where I'm coming from.
I'm Jen James of Celestial Yoga, LLC, and a certified yoga and meditation teacher for over 18 years now and am a health and wellness coach too.
My specialty is to help empathetic women manage chronic pain and stress through a holistic approach with gentle yoga exercises, mindfulness and self-care techniques.
I chose today's topic because I know you probably struggle with slipping in self-care practices and not sure why self-care is actually necessary to living a satisfying and productive life. I too felt lost and confused about what the point of self-care was and how self-care could be instrumental in managing my chronic stress and pain.
Here’s a holistic view of practicing self-care and the foundation to what I teach in my upcoming program.
- Physical Self-Care
- Mental Self-Care
- Social Self-Care
- Emotional Self-Care and
- Spiritual Self-Care
First, I want to share with a testimonial from Irina Shlakov, one of my students that I taught one-on-one in person
"I would like to express not only my general gratitude but identify how the program helped me to continue my journey of self exploration and self-help to a happier, healthier life.
Overall I am very happy to have signed up for the program, meeting you helped me change my mindset and made reaching my goal of a happier and healthier life easier.”
Honestly, not to toot my own horn, I wished there was someone like me guiding me a few years back.
Let me go over in more detail each element of self-care plus give you some actionable steps you can use right away
1. Physical Self-Care
- Are you getting good quality sleep on a regular basis?
- Is the food you eat clean most of the time and fueling your body sufficiently?
- Are you taking charge of your health?
- Are you getting enough exercise most days of the week? (remember a few minutes of Gentle Yoga and walking count)
2. Mental Self-Care
- Are you making enough time for activities that mentally stimulate you?
- Are you doing proactive things to help you stay mentally healthy?
3. Social Self-Care
- Are you truly connecting with your friends?
- Are you being mindful and present when you listen to others?
- What are you doing to nurture your relationships with friends and family?
4. Emotional Self-Care
- Do you have healthy ways to process your emotions?
- Do you incorporate activities and experiences into your life that help you feel recharged and alive?
5. Spiritual Self-Care
- What questions do you ask yourself about your life and purpose?
- Are you engaging in spiritual practices that you find fulfilling and authentic?
I hear all the time how intimidating holistic living can seem to be and how hard it is too squeeze into your busy life.
I have a weekly blog and private group where I cover holistic living and almost every week go live covering yoga, mediation, breathing exercises, and/or self-care.
This blog and community are filled with simple and approachable tips, techniques and practical holistic living advice.
Share your experience with me in the comments below, or send me a private message and let me know how you feel after you try out the tips and techniques I share weekly here. ❤️
Have a beautiful day and Namaste,
p.s. ❤️ Feel free to reply back or send me a DM/PM if you have any questions or comments. I'm here to listen.