5 Self-Care Practices for Every Area of Your LifeJun 27, 2022
I know you probably struggle with slipping in self-care practices and not sure why self-care is actually necessary to living a satisfying and productive life
In case you're new to me or are just wondering who the heck I am, let me (re)introduce myself and where I'm coming from.
I'm Jen James of Celestial Yoga, LLC, and a certified yoga and meditation teacher for over 18 years now and am a health and wellness coach too.
My specialty is to help empathetic women manage chronic pain and stress through a holistic approach with gentle yoga exercises, mindfulness and self-care techniques.
I chose today's topic because I know you probably struggle with slipping in self-care practices and not sure why self-care is actually necessary to living a satisfying and productive life. I too felt lost and confused about what the point of self-care was and how self-care could be instrumental in managing my chronic stress and pain.
Here’s a holistic view of practicing self-care and the foundation to what I teach in my upcoming program.
- Physical Self-Care
- Mental Self-Care
- Social Self-Care
- Emotional Self-Care and
- Spiritual Self-Care
First, I want to share with a testimonial from Irina Shlakov, one of my students that I taught one-on-one in person
"I would like to express not only my general gratitude but identify how the program helped me to continue my journey of self exploration and self-help to a happier, healthier life.
Overall I am very happy to have signed up for the program, meeting you helped me change my mindset and made reaching my goal of a happier and healthier life easier.”
Honestly, not to toot my own horn, I wished there was someone like me guiding me a few years back.
Let me go over in more detail each element of self-care plus give you some actionable steps you can use right away
1. Physical Self-Care
- Are you getting good quality sleep on a regular basis?
- Is the food you eat clean most of the time and fueling your body sufficiently?
- Are you taking charge of your health?
- Are you getting enough exercise most days of the week? (remember a few minutes of Gentle Yoga and walking count)
2. Mental Self-Care
- Are you making enough time for activities that mentally stimulate you?
- Are you doing proactive things to help you stay mentally healthy?
3. Social Self-Care
- Are you truly connecting with your friends?
- Are you being mindful and present when you listen to others?
- What are you doing to nurture your relationships with friends and family?
4. Emotional Self-Care
- Do you have healthy ways to process your emotions?
- Do you incorporate activities and experiences into your life that help you feel recharged and alive?
5. Spiritual Self-Care
- What questions do you ask yourself about your life and purpose?
- Are you engaging in spiritual practices that you find fulfilling and authentic?
I hear all the time how intimidating holistic living can seem to be and how hard it is too squeeze into your busy life.
I have a weekly blog and private group where I cover holistic living and almost every week go live covering yoga, mediation, breathing exercises, and/or self-care.
This blog and community are filled with simple and approachable tips, techniques and practical holistic living advice.
Share your experience with me in the comments below, or send me a private message and let me know how you feel after you try out the tips and techniques I share weekly here. ❤️
Have a beautiful day and Namaste,
p.s. ❤️ Feel free to reply back or send me a DM/PM if you have any questions or comments. I'm here to listen.
I’ll show you how to manage chronic pain and stress holistically so that you can begin your unique healing process and feel more comfortable in your body, mind and soul
FREE E-GUIDE & VIDEO SERIES:
Self-Care Strategies for Managing Stress, Anxiety and Chronic Pain Holistically
Your Jumpstart Guide to Cultivate Real Self-Love Within