Top 5 Reasons why practicing self-care is crucial for managing stressJan 25, 2023
Top 5 Reasons why practicing self-care is crucial for managing stress
“You are a VIP, a very important person. So take care with self-care. If not you, who? If not now, when?”
– Toni Hawkins
You're trying to find stability and balance in your life but you suffer from health issues (and so do some of your family members) and you feel it's hard to heal when the trauma continues.
Especially when you have little or no support at home.😔
Your major sources of stress are your living situation, plus the amount of housework and daily responsibilities you have at home.
High stress affects your health🤒 and has taken a significant toll on you and you are tired of feeling like anxiety is controlling you.
This is all such a vicious circle.
You know that your chronic stress is stopping you from being able to truly be there for your loved ones plus feel more freedom, peace, and calm in your life.
Your head is spinning and you are overwhelmed by all the health and wellness choices.😵💫
This has taken a lot of your time and energy, and you're not exactly sure which (or if any) is actually working.
You’ve tried workshops with various alternative health practitioners.
You’ve also sought out functional doctors and nutritionists.
You’ve even done research on getting certified in healing modalities too (you know, with all of that extra time you have so you can manage everything on your own)
You also journal, pray, listen to audible books, walk, do yoga, and exercise with the hope that these answers will just come to you any moment now.
How can you be there for your loved ones if you are depleted and ready to call an uber to escape your house (and family)?🤔
Until you are able to manage your stress and get things in order in your life, how are you able to feel more freedom, peace, and calm?
Then and only then can you feel more freedom, peace, and calm and be able to begin tackling your goals of being the best advocate, parent, artist, grandma, (you name it) you can be.🙏
These🌷beautiful goals depend on you being your best self first so that you have energy and time to give to others.
I truly believe that practicing self-care will help manage your stress holistically and naturally, with consistency and over time.
In my💻FREE SOS 10-Day Video Series, I go over a ton of self-care strategies and ideas for times of stress that will help you overcome the temptation to keep busying yourself when you feel depleted or burned out.
This series is all about practicing SELF-CARE, plus ORGANIZING and PRIORITIZING, so that you can be on your way to being the SOULFUL and IMPACTFUL woman you've always meant to be (just didn't have the time or energy for!)
Here are my Top 5 Reasons why practicing self-care is crucial for managing stress:
1. When you are under stress, taking the time to nurture yourself and practice self-care can make all the difference. Self-care can also make you more resilient when stress hits in the future.
2. Self-care is taking care of your mental, emotional and physical health. It’s not selfish to practice self-care. It’s actually the opposite because when you are able to put your best self forward you are much more equipped to care for others. Through consistent practice, you are more able to prevent stress, anxiety, and burnout.
3. Taking steps to manage stress and anxiety is a form of self-care. Through self-care, you are able to take care of your own health, which includes physical health but also familial and community health. Self-care is also seeking medical attention when necessary.
4. Self-care can help you handle many trying situations. Here are a few examples:
- Family and home life
- the pace of your life
- lack of time
- inability to unwind or slow down
5. Even though a day at the spa can be considered self-care. There are easy, affordable, and practical ways to practice self-care for stress relief that you can implement right away so that you are able to take a break from your daily responsibilities. Self-care allows you to rest your body and mind and recuperate your soul. Some examples are you can turn to your favorite activities, immerse yourself in something new and eat a nourishing meal.
🙌NOW is the perfect time to stop putting things off.
🙌No more dealing with stress, burnout, and anxiety.